Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Culpeper Absentee Voting

Answers to questions our phone bankers have encountered about the absentee voting process in Culpeper County.

What’s the difference between early voting and absentee voting?
Virginia now has no-excuse needed early voting, which is referred to as absentee voting. You can vote absentee either in person or via the mail if you are unable to vote on election day.
How do I vote early in person (In person absentee)?
If you can’t vote on November 6th, just bring your Photo ID to the Culpeper Election Office, 151 N Main Street, Third Floor. You’ll fill out a form and vote right there. They are open Monday through Friday, 8:30-4:30, as well as the two Saturday’s prior to the general election. October 30th is the last day of in person absentee voting.
How do I request an absentee ballot in the mail?
Does the Culpeper election office have an elevator?
Answer: Yes
What is their phone number?
Answer: (540) 825-0652
I moved.  Is it too late to notify the elections office of a change of address?
Answer: Yes.  Go here to update your address.  But if your move occurred since the last November election, you may return to and vote at your previous polling location.
What ID do I need to vote?
Answer: Government-issued Photo ID, Virginia student ID, employer-issued ID.  If you don’t have one, you can still vote if you go to the registration office — even on Election Day — and apply.  They will give you a free Voter ID card.  If you forget your photo ID, you can cast a provisional ballot at your polling place.
I am disabled.  Do I still have time to vote absentee by mail?
Answer: Yes., but please hurry.  You may request an absentee mail-in ballot up until the 7th day before the electionIt must be received by 7pm, on election day. Being postmarked by that day does not count. First class delivery through USPS requires 2-5 days. The absentee ballot requires two stamps.
If I am a convicted felon (long-ago marijuana charge) can I get my voting rights restored? 
Answer: Yes, but it can take several weeks:
Restoration of Rights Page or call The Secretary of the Commonwealth at (804) 692-0104